Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello, all.

And by all, I mean the very few that checked this blog for the week that it was up and running and have now disappeared. Alas, I am back. And better than ever! Not really, I'm about the same, but I've returned from my vacation in the Dominican Republic and am ready to grab this by the reigns once again.

I guess in order to do that, I should abide by the theme of this blog, and make a list out of it! So here it is, five things that I've been doing in the two weeks that I've been gone:
1. Laying on the beach
Not too shabby, huh? Life really sucks when you're on vacation with your seven best friends. I kid, I kid. We stayed at the IFA Villas Bavaro Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I have one word to describe it: amazing. The food was good, the locals were fine (and by fine I mean a little creepy, but that is to be expected), the bars were plentiful, and the beach was beautiful. I can't describe it any better than that, really, other than suggesting you book a trip and go. Immediately.
2. Parasailing!
Yep, that's me! Let me start by saying that I used to be afraid of heights. Deathly. And when I realized that I wasn't (when my friend made me ride a ferris wheel--that wasn't a fun experience), I immediately knew that I needed to go parasailing before I died. I half expected it to be the most exciting thing that I've ever done, but the truth is, it wasn't like that at all. Instead, it was extremely relaxing. You aren't moving very quickly or taking many turns. Instead, it really feels as if you're just floating above the rest of the world. You can see for miles, and every direction you look, it's simply beautiful.
3. Reading!
I read two books over break, which I know isn't that many, but I'm proud of it. Considering I'm a college student, I really don't have much time for leisure reading. I read Nora Ephron's new memoir, I Remember Nothing (if you don't recognize the name, you'll know her better as the director and screenwriter for Sleepless in Seattle and many other romantic movies) and Lorrie Moore's Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? The latter is actually written by a women who grew up in my town, and the setting itself is loosely based on my town, as well, making it very interesting to read.
4. Drinking!
I don't think I ever want to touch a drop of alcohol again. Seriously.
Okay, maybe not seriously, but still. Ugh.
5. Relaxing!
Right after midterms, I don't think I've ever needed a break more than I needed this one. Stressed does not begin to describe what I was feeling two weeks ago. That being sad, I am relaxed and rejuvinated. I got a massage on the beach, and I spent the week in the sun. I needed some serious Vitamin D, and I got it! Now I'm tan, peeling, and ready to take on the last seven weeks of the semester.

I promise that I'll be back with more, and soon. That being said, tell your friends! They may hate me. Or maybe you hate me too. But regardless, sharing this blog would very much help my chances of success. As of right now, my chances are slim.

What have you been doing for the past two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment