Sunday, February 13, 2011

the sunshine state.

Hey guys! So even though I just started this, I've taken a few days off for an impromptu trip to florida with my family. (I'm posting from my blacckberry because I don't have my computer, so excuse any typos and such.) I've made a lot of lists this week but right now I'm going to be very basic: Five reasons why the South is better than the North.

1. Palm trees! There is nothing like looking out your window and see those leafy green hands reaching out at you. I'd venture to say that they are my favorite tree, which is saying a lot considering I basically grew up in the forst. Regardless, palm trees are the shit.
2. Sunshine, twelve months out of the year. Its February 13th and I just got back from a day at the pool. Where I come from, if you don't cover your pool it will absolutely freeze once november rolls around, and you don't uncover it until May. But here, its all year round.
3. TANNING! I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely translucent in the winber. I'm not just pale, I'm straight up GREY colored. Its absurd. So even though I got severely burned today as opposed to tan, I instantly feel better. Its amazing what a little color can do to your life.
4. There is no such thing as S.A.D. For those of you that don't know, that's seasonal affects disorder. And I'm pretty positive I have it. Nay, I AM positive. Even though it was self diagnosed.
5. Old people! This is where they all come to retire, after all. They're all so polite and relaxed, seeing as their only concern is what tee time they're going to get on the golf course. I'm jealous of their lives. I'm not even out of college yet and I'm ready to retire, too.

In other news, though, my sisters and I went to go get facials yesterday. I was the youngest client the woman had seen in a long time. She said most of her clients are between the ages of 75 and 90 and approximately one dies a week. Depressing. But she was laughing the whole time.

Have you guys ever been to Florida? What do you love about it here?

No comments:

Post a Comment