Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm on the right track, baby, I was born to survive.

Hey guys! So over the weekend, I thought I lost my iPod. Suffice it to say, it was not a pretty few days. But today, by some act of God, I found it again! I was amazed! Traveling without music was less than enjoyable, but now she's back. In the spirit of my iPod, here are five songs that I have on repeat right now. Seriously, I'm obsessed!

5. I'll Be Waiting- Adele
Her CD still hasn't been released in the States (one more week!) but I got a copy from Europe and it seriously is amazing. This is my favorite track of the album. It's got such a great beat to it. I even run to it!
4. Just Tonight-The Pretty Reckless
Who ever thought Taylor Momsem would become what she did? Going from innocent Jenny Humphrey on Gossip Girl to this badass Goth rocker child is definitely a jump. She seems kindof annoying (and by kindof, I mean very), but chick knows how to rock. Her music isn't too hardcore, so some of it's really enjoyable. I really like this one.
3. Glee Cast- Bills, Bills, Bills
Alright, don't judge me. I grew up on Destiny's Child. I can spit EVERY. LINE. of the song Bugaboo straight from memory with no help from their recording. So when Darren Criss broke this out on last weeks episode, it blew my mind. Plus, I'm a gleek. I embrace it. Expect many mentions of them to come.
2. The Strokes- Under the Cover of Darkness
After a hiatus that lasted MUCH too long, The Strokes are finally back! And from the sounds of it, it's going to be GOOD! I can't stop listening to this song. It's a great preview of what's to come.
1. Lady Gaga- Born This Way
In the words of my roommate, "I'm GAGA over Born This Way." I'm the first to admit that Lady Gaga, as a persona, is...SO ANNOYING. I'm sorry, but showing up at the Grammy's in an...egg? Who are you? But, just like Taylor, she can sing. Her voice is certainly deserving of all the praise that she gets, especially considering that you don't really need any talent to be famous anymore. (Cough, Ke$ha, cough.) This title track off her upcoming album is so catchy with a great message. I couldn't help but become immediately addicted. Maybe I was born this way?

Okay, that was cheesy.
As you can tell, I've got a very diverse taste in music. Embrace it! I love nothing more than a person who can admit that musicians are talented, even if they don't like the music. Luckily for me, I basically like all types of music. I'm easy to please.

What are you guys listening to lately? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment