Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's!

Two posts in one day! Whew! We're getting adventurous here!

So I know Valentine's Day was yesterday, but I'm still gorging myself on the candy, so I think this is still appropriate. Plus, I'm alone, and I tend to dwell. At least this year I had something to distract me from the actual holiday: travel. I made this list on the plane: five reasons why Valentine's Day and I have a love-hate relationship.

1. Well, I'm alone, so you'd think I'd be bitter and grouchy from the get-go. But I still have a Valentine: my roommate. So I'm out of love, but not necessarily out of luck.
2. V-Day gives me an excuse to eat ALL the candy I want. And I want a lot of candy. My waistline, however, does not thank me. Nor do my jeans.
3. There's nothing like a sappy romance movie to help you relax. I love curling up in my snuggie (don't judge; it's leopard print) to catch a flick. But at the same time, how many times can Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams make me cry? Honestly. You'd think I'd be immune by now. Obviously, I'm not.
4. I love red, but let's face it--it's just not my color.
And last but not least,
5. I resent the fact that we are no longer required to bring in Valentines for the whole class. That was the best part of the holiday! That, and decorating your shoebox in ridiculous hearts in pink and red so that it would be your little "mailbox." Sigh.

So there you have it. I'm not a total cynic...just half of one! That still makes me loveable, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment