Thursday, February 17, 2011

and we frolicked about in our summer skin.

Well guys, I think it's safe to say that today is one of the most stressful days I've had all semester. I'm scrambling around taking quizzes and tests and trying to memorize this ridiculous presentation I'm giving at 4. Suffice it to say, I'm kind of freaking out. But a) I needed a break, and b) still wanted to make a post, so I thought I'd do something short and sweet today. And something summer themed because of the heat wave that's caught on! It's 60 degrees outside, so even though I'm stressed, I can't wipe the smile off my face.

So here it is, five things I desperately want to accomplish this summer:
5. Run a 5k.
I'm not exactly what you would call, ahem, a runner. I can run about a mile and then I call it quits. I'm sure I'm capable of doing more, but mentally, I'm pretty sure I suck, so I stop. I've been running a lot more lately though, and hopefully will work my way up to 3.1 miles by the time I finish off the semester. And when I do, you can bet I'll be registering for some races. I want to be a runner!
4. Go to Coney Island.
This is something my best friend and I have been talking about for years, and this summer, I finally want to make the trip. It's easy, considering all we have to do is get on the N train in the city and ride it all the way to the end. I have such amazing visions in my head of what this place looks like, and I just want to see it for myself! Plus, who doesn't love a good theme park? I mean, honestly.
3. Be the best nanny ever.
I work two summer jobs, one at an outlet mall, and another as a nanny for the two of the coolest kids in the world. My nannying job is full time, so working takes a lot out of me, but this summer, I want to plan some really fun activities. Go hiking, or on picnics, and have all sorts of crazy, cool contests where we have to create things. It's going to be the best...summer...ever.
2.Continue this blog.
I tend to end things just as quickly as I start them. I don't want that to happen with this! I'm going to love and nurture this blog all throughout the upcoming months.
1.Go to Bonnaroo!
Bonnaroo's lineup is amazing this year! Arcade Fire, Girl Talk, Ratatat, Mumford and Sons... the list goes on and on. I want to go so badly but can't find anyone to go with me! I'm dying. I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment